[plug] Moving evolution data from Woody to Sid

Debian User caston at arach.net.au
Wed Apr 30 11:08:58 WST 2003

Installing evolution on sid gave some dpkg errors.

I did manage to get evolution insalled eventually.

After apt-get fix-missing, apt-get -f update, apt-get clean apt-get
removem apt-get install ... you get the picture

Now I am usually evolution right now but the last apt-get install I got:

Preparing to replace evolution 1.2.4-1 (using
.../evolution_1.2.4-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement evolution ...
update-menus: relocation error: update-menus: symbol
_ZNSt9basic_iosIcSt11char_traitsIcEE4initEPSt15basic_streambufIcS1_E,
version GLIBCPP_3.2 not defined in file libstdc++.so.5 with link time
reference
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 127
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
update-menus: relocation error: update-menus: symbol
_ZNSt9basic_iosIcSt11char_traitsIcEE4initEPSt15basic_streambufIcS1_E,
version GLIBCPP_3.2 not defined in file libstdc++.so.5 with link time
reference
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/evolution_1.2.4-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 127
update-menus: relocation error: update-menus: symbol
_ZNSt9basic_iosIcSt11char_traitsIcEE4initEPSt15basic_streambufIcS1_E,
version GLIBCPP_3.2 not defined in file libstdc++.so.5 with link time
reference
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
 /var/cache/apt/archives/lilo_1%3a22.5.1-3_i386.deb