[plug] Moving evolution data from Woody to Sid

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Wed Apr 30 18:28:04 WST 2003

Hello,

I currently have all my contacts, calendar, e-mails and task list on my Woody partition in
Evolution version 1.0.8 ( I think).

I'm just downloading evolution in sid at the moment using apt (probably 1.2)
I have decided to move everything to sid's version of evolution to (hopefully) avoid any
compliciations before I sync with my new palm pilot.

I noticed that evolution doesn't have an export feature but I assume I would need to copy the
.evolution profile from my Woody home directory.

Can evolution import from this or do I just copy it over? Anything else I should do?

When I originally migrated all my e-mails and folders back in the days of using Windows2k and
Lookout I used Mozilla (on Windows) to convert e-mails and folders to mbox then had to create
new folders in evolution and copy them into my evolution profile. At the time I only had about
20 e-mail folders so it wasn't that big an issue. Today I have about 40-50 and lots of filter rules
so I am hopeing this is going to be a lot more automated.

I did check out support.ximian.com and maybe I am blind but I didn't find anything on this
issue.

regards,

Chris Caston

PS I must say this but fonts are much nicer under sid. Anti Aliased perhaps....