[plug] Moving evolution data from Woody to Sid

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Apr 30 19:29:28 WST 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:28:04 +0800 caston at arach.net.au wrote:

> I currently have all my contacts, calendar, e-mails and task list on my Woody partition in
> Evolution version 1.0.8 ( I think).
>
> I'm just downloading evolution in sid at the moment using apt (probably 1.2)
> I have decided to move everything to sid's version of evolution to (hopefully) avoid any
> compliciations before I sync with my new palm pilot.

I just upgraded from 1.0.5 to 1.2 - no dramas, ~/.evolution and ~/evolution are all that matters I'm fairly sure.

Irrelevant upgrade advantages:  So far I've noticed that when you have multiple accounts to check on send/receive, 1.0.5 would download them all and not display them in the folders until ALL the accounts had finished checking.  1.2 displays them as they download, it's more interesting when you are bored :)

Ryan