[plug] FAQ on the PLUG site :)

Trent Lloyd trent at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Aug 3 10:42:44 WST 2003

> Woohoo.. 1st volunteer :)..thanks Trent :)
doh! <shuts up>

> I am up for the publicity ...:)

> I wasn't here for the last one..
> questions and  some suggestions..
> not sure if we have tried these or not..
>
> 1)	Make formal invitations (not necessary paper.:) to
> other clubs around the area..
> ie	Seniors, PC USers, Other Uni's etc

could do that.

> 2)	Use some of the masses of money we have in the "drawer/desk"
> to advertise in the press.. Is quokka free for this kind of thing ?
> Do we get a discount cause we are non-profit..?
> Local newspapers.. community radio ?
not sure we have that much but uh could probably get a quokka ad.

> 3)	Perhaps a local comp shop would like to "loan" some
> machines to have demo's on.. ? That way folks from point 1) can
> come and look without actually moving over.. but maybe this helps
> with the borging ?

linux it?

> 4)	How many came last time ?
oh i think maybe we did 20-30 installs or something? i dunno
quite a few.

> 5)	What do we do about food ?

well I go ta pizza with a friend from the <insert pizza shop here> up the road from computer angels
we never really organised food before...

> Other thoughts?

venue!
UWA is nice for debian mirror and fat connectivity
the cafe we used 2 years ago was OK - UCC being up 3 lots of stairs is a bit annoying
but its a fair way from most people
we used computerangels last year.

Cheers,
Trent