[plug] [OT] linmagau got slashdotted!

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Sun Aug 3 19:12:12 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 18:31, Sham Chukoury wrote:
> First of all:
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/02/2037221

Very Cool :)

> and it seems that linmagau's article about comparing Gentoo with Debian
> and Mandrake didn't go down too well with some people. ;)
>
> Log of rant in #gentoo @irc.freenode.net:
>
> http://eleusis.f2o.org/exp/plug/gentoo-rant
> /me is eleusis ;)

Nobody set out to sabotage Gentoo and Bill did the best job he knew with
the information readily available. We announced the idea a couple of
weeks before and quite frankly we were surprised by the lack of interest
we got from the Gentoo users. We didn't think there were that many of
them. I hope the next test will be considered fair and maybe we will get
more feedback *before* we do the tests.

I hope to convince Xtreme to lend one computer and three HDD. That way i
can lend a HDD to Bill to do the optimisations a couple of weeks before.
The computer I was discussing with Andrew @ Xtreme is a Hyper-Threaded
P4 with an Intel entry server board and 512 MB DDR. Otherwise we will
use one of ours.

Regards

--
Linux Information Technology