[plug] [OT] linmagau got slashdotted!

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 3 20:04:58 WST 2003

Ive been going through a few of them.  Many have some good points
(ignoring the obvious rants).  What did surpise me was the number who
think a compile farm, weeks of time for optimisation, and probably
crippling the opposition (why replace a dud ide cable? - its the way the
hardware was delivered.) seems like their idea of a "fair" to gentoo
comparison.  Have not seen anyone suggest the openmosix kernel option -
yet!

I'm not unhappy with most of the comments, believing that most of the
critical ones saying it was not optimised correctly (and they are right)
did not look at why and how these choices were made.  Also a large
number of comments were made out of ignorance of what actually took
place.

Yeah, I am up for it again - and this time I think I might be able to
get some input instead of being called a troll for suggesting that
Debian can beat Gentoo.

Love the bit in the link below where someone said they took a month to
compile OO - my worst is 6 days on a cyrix 233!

BillK