[plug] Installfest

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Aug 3 23:14:08 WST 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 10:34:46PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
| Why not do a distributed installfest? There are a couple of places here
| in Duncraig that could probably be had for a Sunday just for the
| asking.

/me volunteers to help if there's a Duncraig installfest.  Actually I'll
probably volunteer even if there's not...

| [...] and Fremantle

Linux IT is out that way isn't it?  Another thought: does Murdoch have
some equivalent of the UCC that could be volunteered?

| nobody in suburbia should have to drive more than about ten
| miles to get to one.

On the proviso that nobody in suburbia lives in Rockingham :-P

| Alternatively, a distributed/serial installfest, maybe one a month and
| rotate the venue?

Doing it once a month sounds like significantly more work than the once
every blue moon that seems to be current practice.  Can we find enough
people that want to install Linux every month that it's worth having an
installfest?

Cameron.