[plug] building GRUB against uClibc or as a static binary?

John Usher (Maptek) John.Usher at perth.maptek.com.au
Mon Aug 4 10:17:38 WST 2003

> Still, anybody know why it wasn't building against uClibc because of
> curses stuff, when it's happy with glibc? Is libcurses (as distinct
from
> ncurses) part of the libc? Sorry, I just don't know this stuff and I'm
> bit puzzled as to why it apparently found the includes it needed, but
> wouldn't build.

libcurses.(a|so.*) usually just symbolically links to ncurses in most
distros... ncurses is kind of a default library to install. In fact
curses.h also frequently is a symbolic link to ncurses.h

curses is never part of any libc.

it didn't find the includes it needed either.....because it didn't
try!..... all those implicit declarations and 'xxx' undeclared lines
give that away. I'd say that part of the 'configure' realised it wasn't
there and so didn't #include it, but another part still tried to call
the functions!

...John...