[plug] problem with CD Writer in Linux

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Aug 4 19:14:15 WST 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:52:57 +0800 "Daniel Pearson" <gpearson at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> You need to use ide-scsi, or something like that .. I forget exactly what
> its called, it's been a while :) Basically, it makes linux think your IDE
> burner is a SCSI device.
>
> Try google.

Googling for

ide-scsi HOWTO linux

found quite a few references to ide-scsi but I think this is the one that
I worked through originally. If it doesn't make sense, keep looking at
references until you find a writing style that you find most informative.

So, look at:
http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO-2.html

and around the line that reads:

image=/boot/zImage-2.2.14

It's a bit dated bow but the concepts are all there.

All the best with it :)
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/