[plug] printer still not working

rhyellin rhyellin at webtec.net.au
Tue Aug 5 14:49:52 WST 2003

The plot thickens.  Thanks for help with ideas on clearing out the printer
spool but the printer(a HP Deskjet 500,HP PCL) still doesn't work ie the
next print job refuses to start in either Mozilla or opera.  I use RH 9.
I'll one day configure CUPS - last time trouble with the driver so went to
lprNG.

I have used "lpq" and "lprm <jobno>" - they cancel the jobno but I think
for some reason there is something still in the spool file and printer
nogo.

Is it this? and how do I cancel it?   "lpc status"-->"no print jobs in
queue - status: job `rhyellin at localhost+194' saved at 23.56.10.
Does this mean their are files in the spool file? preventing it to print
the next job.

Also, for what it's worth, it seems to happen after using the print preview
menu command(file-->pp) in mozilla or opera. Can anyone help with this
Ideas much appreciated regards
richard yellin

pardon the length