[plug] kernel 2.6 cd burning - ide-scsi emulation not required in kernel but lilo?

Daniel cottmain at plug.linux.org.au
Tue Aug 5 17:39:47 WST 2003

Hello All,
I know it's changed and I thought I had it covered, but can't get the
burner to work. Xcdroast can't see the burner & I am running sid.

I have scsi emulation enabled in the kernel compile and (for a short
time from habit) - the normal scsi emulation in the lilo.conf. No go.

I read somewhere that burning programs in linux can only see scsi
devices so maybe I should have not chosen scsi emulation on the kernel,
but still put it in the lilo?

If someoen can give me a nudge in the right direction it would be great.
(I have a new knoppix on the hard disk just waiting).

Thanks,
Daniel.