[plug] Dealing with multiple removable devices

Tsuki-yomi tsuki_yomi at zephilia.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 6 14:16:29 WST 2003

This is a problem I've been dealing with on and off for a while now and no
real solution has presented itself so I thought I ask if anyone had an
idea.

I have two removable devices, an iPod and a USB flash disk.

If I connect the iPod first it grabs /dev/sda.  However if I connect the
USB  flash disk first *it* grabs /dev/sda.

This wouldn't be a problem but the data partition on the ipod is
/dev/sda2, while on the flash disk it's /dev/sda1.

Is there any way of telling the system "this device gets this dev number"?

--
James Budworth
tsuki_yomi at zephilia.dyndns.org