[plug] DNS and Debian

Mark J Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Sat Aug 9 18:12:15 WST 2003

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 9/08/2003 at 4:59 PM Ady Gould wrote:

Hi guys

I'm trying to get a few things sorted out with DNS (Bind 9) on a Debian (Woody) machine.

The situation is:
1) internal DNS for 4 domains
2) external DNS for 4 domains
3) single IP for all incoming, via ADSL router, with NAT automatically completed.

What I'd like is a hand / some pointers to how to set Bind 9 to do private and public DNS with only the WWW, NS, MAIL and one or two other essential services being exposed to the public DNS side.
I have done this and can help you here. Contact me on 0429 112 704 and we ca make arrangements.

Mark

Linux/Debian user since 1993