[plug] Putting knoppix in compressed form on a hard drive

John Clayton mageaere at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 9 23:46:02 WST 2003

Hi can anyone tell me the procedure for getting knoppix to boot from a hard
disk the same way as with a cd? I want to format a 750 Mb hard drive
partition and copy the knoppix cd contents to this partition. I then want
the computer to boot this partition the same as it would the knoppix cd. I
have seen on the net that this has been done with a laptop and I was
wondering if anyone knows the procedure for this or can point me to an
appropriate HOWTO on the subject.