[plug] frustrated.....plzz help !

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 10 17:56:03 WST 2003

Check the bios first, and make sure it has a sensible selection.

Also some motherboard chipsets will only work with an ide=nodma during
install, but are usually ok afterwards.  And check interrupts in the
bios that not too many are shared: been seeing some messages lately
about this on lists, but cant remember what MB.  Its rarely a bad drive
(unless old) mostly software, cable or jumpers.

BillK