[plug] frustrated.....plzz help !

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Sun Aug 10 19:31:46 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 17:20, Craig Foster wrote:

> > If the cable is ok check that the jumper is _not_ set to cable select.
> >
> > Otherwise I would try some different distro. RH8.0 drove me to switch
> > to mandrake.
>
> And a switch of distro's gonna fix a possibly bad IDE cable?
>
> Craig F.

If it is a switch to Debian being installed from the net. The CD only
installs base and the rest gets dragged down from a suitably fast WAIX
mirror.

The CD could still be stuffed and a dud cable could cause problems
getting base installed off the CD but statistically you would have a
better chance.

But I'm only saying this to challenge your point and play a bit of
devil's advocate.

Michael Hunt