[plug] And so far.. no go with the hd :(

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Mon Aug 11 10:31:26 WST 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:12:15AM +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> Well, if you liked Knoppix, why not install that onto your new HDD? There's
> a webpage somewhere with instructions on how to do it. It's a bit finicky,
> in that it won't install to a different disk than the one with the swap
> partition.

You know what.. I found a great HOWTO.. on this mag site..
Lin(something) :)

I had a go at mandrake.. didn't much like the interface..probably just
because I had already had a day or two with knoppix. so did the hd install.

As a desktop environ ..(fluxbox)

Works like a dream, although I am having a few issues with finding graphics editors..
that do all the things I want :) Rotation issue in gimp.. however I am sure I will
figure it out :)

Kim
--
http://www.linmagau.org