[plug] KDE / DCOP vs SMBFS home path.....? (long post, adv. topic)

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Mon Aug 11 11:53:00 WST 2003

Craig,

Thanks for the replies and link. According to the page, "Using this
patch I can start X with my home directory mounted off another machine."
That sounds like exactly what I want :-)

The whole thing sounds like a load of bollocks to me. I agree with your
idea of a global config path, but it would still need to be able to be
shared over the network, so users can login to any machine. Maybe apps
that need to store special files could just use the /tmp path or
something. I mean, these are temporary files right?

And yeah NFS is a monstrosity! I wasn't even game to go there, besides,
we need Windows machines to see the shares as well.

Anyway thanks, and I'll post again if I get the thing running.

Ben

--
Ben New
ben at leftclick.com.au