[plug] Auto-proxy configuration on Linux clients

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Aug 12 17:06:58 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 16:59, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> Can't answer your main question, but from my (failed) experiences
> previously, I did learn that myIpAddress() returns the IP address of
> the interface through which the PAC file was fetched. Hence it was
> pretty useless when I was loading it off localhost.

That's handy to know.  It is loading off a different web server and
therefore should be all dandy so far as interfaces and IPs go.

The idea being if this laptop (in this case) can't find the proxy.pac
file off the server, then don't use a proxy because it is either broken
or not connected to said network - works well for Windows + Laptop, was
hoping to recreate the same success minus the Windows ;)

Ryan