[plug] MDK9.1 KDE lockup

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Tue Aug 12 17:41:24 WST 2003

Same thing happens to me. Same Card same OS. You will probably find
after the screen goes all fuzzy you can hit ctl-alt-f7 and the screen
will still be there. If you try ctl-alt-f1 you just get a fuzzy screen.
At first I thought it was when i was using dual-view but it happens when
i am "tweaking" the XF86Config-4 file too. It is also much more likely
of happening when you use the TV as your primary monitor. The only way
around it is to reboot.  Now days when i change the settings i use the
console and type /etc/init.d/dm restart instead of the
ctl-alt-backspace.
So if you find out why i would be quite interested.