[plug] AutoFS and Windows Shares

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Aug 13 14:26:10 WST 2003

> I didn't notice the * / & line the first time. That works? Can you preceed the
> *? eg; machinename_* to ://machinename/&

Yeah. Handy for an "all other shares on machine blah" automount. That
way you just cd /smb/zeus/sharename and the dir is created for you and
mounted if the share "sharename" exists on the remote server - otherwise
you get a short delay then a "no such file or directory" error.

> Or advanced pattern matching, like *_* to ://&/&  ?

Haven't had the need to try that yet, but I can see some use in it...
I'll have a play with that. To be honest, I wouldn't expect it to work.

Craig