[plug] Printer sharing Dodgy

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 14 18:25:22 WST 2003

In message <001501c3624b$2d96c270$6e64640a at tesla>
on Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 06:02:31PM +0800, Ryan Smith wrote:
> > How are you trying to print from Win2K? AFAIK you have an option to use
> > IPP, and perhaps you could snoop in on the IPP traffic to see what's
> > going on.
>
> I would but i have no idea what you just said.

(I don't know much about Windows, so I don't know what terminology to
use)...does Win2K let you specify the IPP address of your CUPS server
instead of using "Network Neighbourhood"? <fiddle diddle> Ah...maybe the
Windows printer's "network path" is what I think you could change. I
thought Win2K had built-in support for ipp://.../... or
http://...:631/... network paths (well, I'm pretty sure of it).
*However*, perhaps this relies on some driver support? (I'm used to Macs
and UNIX machines having a generic PostScript driver whereas Windows
application vendors apprently like to supply their own, so that they can
interfere with the already clunky operation of your Windows computer).