[plug] Printer sharing Dodgy

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Aug 14 18:47:27 WST 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 06:25:22PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
| (I'm used to Macs and UNIX machines having a generic PostScript driver
| whereas Windows application vendors apprently like to supply their
| own, so that they can interfere with the already clunky operation of
| your Windows computer).

Um.  An alternative view of this is that Windows doesn't cling to the
relics of an outmoded over-engineered print system and instead uses its
own abstraction which happens to do a pretty decent job of displaying
things in much the same way on the screen as on a piece of paper, even
for documents using fonts other than Times or Helvetica. :)

Cameron.

*removes Windows apologist hat*