[plug] ADSL modem/switch

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Sat Aug 16 18:05:09 WST 2003

I use the Netgear DG814 and find it does everything I need, including
NAT, port forwarding and DHCP.  I got it for $275 but I think it's come
down by now because I saw the same thing with wireless instead of
ethernet was only $299, and that was at harvey's which are never the
cheapest.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the custom setup unless there is some
reason you need to do something the off-the-shelf boxes don't do.  You
could use the 166 as a proxy and/or firewall or something instead.

Ben

--
Ben New
ben at leftclick.com.au