[plug] OpenOffice.org 1.1

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Aug 17 12:16:44 WST 2003

At 11:45 AM 08/17/2003, Leon wrote:
>PDF export also works very well, although the files are 10x larger than
>the Flash and seem to lose the text antialiasing. It exports with the
>whole page set to the background colour, rather than a rectangle of
>backround colour on a white true-background as several other systems
>do. I now have no less than three ways of turning a document into a
>PDF; via OOo, via CUPS and via SaMBa.

I played with the scan->PDF yesterday. A client scans lots of documents and
some of their new or potential customers don't know what to do with the TIF
files they are sent :) OpenOffice.org Writer: Insert->Graphics->Scan->PDF
just works wonderfully. It's just great to be able to introduce open-source
software to MS Windows users.

>I'm off to throw the MS-Windows version of it at a customer suffering from
>multiple independently-failing MS-Office versions. Jacqueline, feel free
>to do some back-pounding at your next OOo meeting, this is *great*! (-:

Thanks Leon, I'll ensure that your well felt greetings are passed onto the
OpenOffice.org community :)

I would like to encourage all of you to download RC3 and give it a go. We
would like this RC to be final, and the final 1.1 to be the best we can.
You can help by giving it a good thrashing over the next couple of weeks
and bouncing any anomalies to the users at openoffice.org list, or submitting
them to IssueZilla if you have registered/joined.

Many people that are beginning to use OpenOffice.org have not downloaded
and installed software before, and the RC (release candidates) are
confusing to some. Assist us to make RC3 final, soonest.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)