[plug] nvidia

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Sun Aug 17 13:57:24 WST 2003

Craig Dyke wrote:
> Howdy all
>
> I noticed someone posted a problem they had with Debian and nvidia.
>
> Anyone have advice for all nvidia linux systems?
>
> My problem is that whenever I install the nvidia glx & driver stuff and
> then fire off X, my scrren goes black and then I get a half white & red
> cursor square cursor in top left corner and some garbage in bottom
> right.
>
> My only way to get out of this screen is with ctrl-alt-delete which will
> restart
> whole pc.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Have viewed Xfree log and all seems fine in there.
>
> Other things I did try was using the option of NvAgp.
>
> At settings of 0 or 1 X starts but glxinfo returns errors about no GLX.
> On option 2 or without this option set at all I get the scenario mentioned
> above.
>
> Hope someone can help me (was relatively bald before this debarcle).

I use the driver from nvidia.com

	'NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4349.run'
Works fine on an old RIVA-TNT 16meg card and an ASUS elcheapo 64meg card
from Austin's.
	As for kernels I haven't got past 2.4.21 so far but all the others
used had no problems.

	Did your deb installer find all the hardware Ok?

--
Cheers
Russ.