[plug] nvidia

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Aug 17 14:15:24 WST 2003

> It would appear that something actually cathces ctrl-alt-delete
> as it does appear to go through some motions, which of course
> I can't see through black screen.

So while X is mangling your video card's state, it's probably not
messing up the rest of the system. Most likely you could ssh in and keep
working remotely as if nothing had gone wrong.

> nv does work but with no glx stuff.

Interesting - so you do most probably have an issue specific to the
NVidia driver.

I assume you're using a fairly recent kernel? If not, try grabbing
2.4.21 (anything back to .18 should be alright though) and seeing if
that helps.

I've never had any issues with the NVidia drivers, and this is a strange
one. I'm pretty much out of ideas, other than suggesting an updated
kernel and a newer version of XFree86 to see if that helps.

Craig Ringer