[plug] Computer Junk

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 13:43:57 WST 2003

On Monday 18 August 2003 13:34, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > You could try www.computerangels.org.au
>
> Harry has been tearing apart 5.25" drives for a while now to grab the
> motors, but I'm not sure if he still needs them. As for the rest -
> super7 motherboards are handy, as is large capacity (8mb or greater)
> 72pin RAM, any DIMMS, P133+ CPUs, working hard disks above about 500mb,
> etc are handy. I mention specific ratings because we do already have a
> /lot/ of older hardware (486s, tiny hard disks, etc) that we just can't
> really use.

I don't think there's any RAM bigger than 4's. Then again, a lot of the stuff
I haven't looked at in years, that being part of the problem. It just sits in
a box gathering dust. But if they don't mind rummaging through the stuff,
there may be something they can use.

And Bentley isn't too far to go from here either. ^_^

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |