[plug] apt-get died

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Aug 19 17:55:35 WST 2003

Searching the PLUG archives will reveal this:

http://www.cantech.net.au/plug/2002-08/msg00621.html

Which is one I wrote a while ago. OK that is freaky, it was EXACTLY one
year ago.

It was not actually a problem with the status file in my case, but an
unrelated error, I can't guarantee that will fix your problem as it
might be different, but it won't hurt to try.

I had to 'dpkg -l apt' to see what version it was then downloaded the
same version apt .deb package from my nearest mirror and installed it
with dpkg -i after a 'dpkg --purge apt'

Ryan