[plug] TSG code identified, it's from Unix v6 published in 1976

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Wed Aug 20 09:28:57 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 09:10, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 08:59:44AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > http://perens.com/Articles/SCOCopiedCode.html
> >
> > A rather more complete account of the situation.
> >
> > If this /is/ the best they can do, not some trickyness, then SCO is f**ed.
>
> Trading of SCO shares should be suspended, pending investigation by
> the FBI. *Nobody* can be that incompetent or stupid and survive
> outside an iron lung.
Hating to sound cynical. But do you really think they would show their
best code? Mind you i would've thought that if they had several really
good examples they could've given away one minor example. They know as
soon as  hey show one "real" example there will be a new unadulterated
kernel version in about 5 minutes.

But i do agree that share trading should be suspended.

I saw on TV last week or so, something about some company that owns 95%
of the patents for DNA and they are suiting people retrospectively for
the gene research. Is this similar? Has a new way of doing business
evolved?

Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at linuxit.com.au>