gateway/firewall MB was: Re: [plug] Linux thin clients

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Aug 23 09:41:31 WST 2003

> I saw a MB with a built in CPU (only 200mhz)-: that also sported 3
> inbuilt Tulip-clone network interfaces.
>
> It was designed for FreeBSD. I can't remember what it was called but can
> ask a friend if you want to know. Which of course is doubtful given the
> low CPU speed. Bring on MB with multiple network interfaces! In the
> meantime perhaps settle for using USB -> ethernet *yuck* or just buy a
> normal board (;

That is /absolutely/ what I'm after. Low CPU speed is quite fine, the
main goal is that it be quiet and low power. I'd love if you could find
out what it was.

 > In the
 > meantime perhaps settle for using USB -> ethernet *yuck* or just buy a
 > normal board (;

I'm using a P133 now, and looking to replace it because it draws too
much power and is a little noisy. It also has only two PCI slots, so
it's kind of holding up my wireless network plans. Please note that
"noisy" is relative - it's quiet for a computer, but still annoying.

Craig Ringer