[plug] Ext2/3 Out of Disk space bug + Journals

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sun Aug 24 14:06:27 WST 2003

Can I swear yet? When I run out of disk space it would be nice if I was
notified instead of having my data goto /dev/null. Last night I did a
recording session and only the first 10mins out of 60mins went to disk as I
had run out of space in ~/ and nothing told me. This isn't the first time
I've been caught out so I normally keep a couple Gig free except I've got a
raw DVD setting in ~/ as well. I feel that it is a bug that it doesn't
inform you that your data has been sent to /dev/null.
Any clues on how to prevent this?
Also now I'm on the topic of Ext2/3, what exactly does the journal do and how?
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA