[plug] Java plugin in Mozilla slow....

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Aug 26 16:07:48 WST 2003

Anyone else experienced serious slow loading Java applets?

I'm using Mozilla 1.3.1 (that comes with Mandrake 9.1) and downloaded
the latest Java software from Sun.  Mozilla reports the plugin as being
"Java(TM) Plug-in 1.4.2-b28" on the Mozilla plugins page.

Basically the page I'm trying to load up is the web based administration
interface on an HP Procurve 2500 series managed switch.  It works
absolutely fine and fast on Mozilla on Windows, but its taking literally
a couple of minutes under Linux on exactly the same machine.  I've got
two managed Procurves with the web based admin interface and accessing
either is the same - very slow.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben