[plug] More news?

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 29 12:06:53 WST 2003

One thing you alluded to, but didn't clearly state is that most linux
distros install a lot of user applications, which windows does not.
i.e., the train simulator alert would go against the linux OS, but the
same program with the same "hole" written for windows doesn't get lumped
with the OS, heavily skewing the stats in favour of windows.

Am I wrong here?

and yes, I agree fully with you here that *BOTH* windows and linux need
a lot of work out-of-the-box

BillK