[plug] SourceForge.net

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Fri Aug 29 12:35:57 WST 2003

As a developer I'm contemplating making my software available as Open
Source. I'd also like to colaborate on my software with a number of
people around the 'net.

The highest profile place to manage this looks to be SourceForge.net.

I've read a bit of their documentation, but I cannot see what will
happen if one day VA Software Corporation goes out of business or gets
bought by someone less supportive of Open Source. Ultimately, they're
footing the bill for the link(s) and the server(s).

So, apart from doing the same on my own host - and then have the
community be dependent on my ability to stay afloat, what happens if the
unthinkable actually comes to pass?

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..