Cheap Laptops. Was: [plug] linux on ibook

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Fri Aug 29 13:27:26 WST 2003

Tim Bowden wrote:

> Kai Jones wrote:
>
>> While we're talking about Laptops, what's the general thoughts
>> between IBM,
>> Dell and Toshiba laptops with Linux ?

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

this helped me a lot when looking around for a laptop, and then setting
up on my Sony Vaio. I've also installed on and IBM Thinkpad iSeries
(with some difficulties to be honest) and an old Toshiba Satellite (easy
peasy). It depends somewhat on which distro you're using re: hardware
detection and playing nicely once set up.

HTH; sol

--
Sol Hanna