[plug] Samba 3.0

smclevie smclevie at ozemail.com.au
Mon Dec 1 16:33:42 WST 2003

Thanks guys,

You're a great help.

My interfaces file was missing the word 'static'.  I apt-getted dcphcpd or
whatever first ....!!

Thanks also for the tips on log files  (Cameron)

Hey!  I ran Samba 3.0 and it nearly worked out-of-the-box!  Weird hey!

I can't create dir's from my Windows boxes though.  Any clues?
Some setting in the shares section of smb.conf I am reckoning.
I've already tried to relax permissions as much as possible for that drive.

My "/storage" drive is a drive set for completely open sharing.

Great work guys , much appreciated,

Steve