[plug] [OT] big email delays?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Dec 3 16:50:23 WST 2003

> Our work mail server is completely independent of WestNet's mail
> servers.  So our spam blocking on our work mail server is completely
> unrelated to anything they might do with their spam filtering service
> that they offer to customers.

Ditto. I got tired of iiNet's unreliable, slow mail servers and lack of
any kind of spam filtering or tagging. It's one of the best moves I've
made in a long time.

Cyrus + exim + sendmail + MimeDefang + Spamassassin - works great.

Yes, exim + sendmail. I use an exim box for initial delivery and
queuing, then it hands messages on to the sendmail box running cyrus
etc. That way my IMAP server isn't exposed to the 'net, and I can have a
more secure MTA as a buffer to prevent direct attacks on sendmail.

Oh, and I never have to tangle with Procmail :-)

Craig Ringer