[plug] Re: AGM query

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Dec 3 17:45:35 WST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:53:35 +0800 Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 03:29:27PM +0800, Tony Breeds wrote:
>
> | WRT to the nomination process, so far myself and Bernard are stepping
> | down, which means a new chairperson and Vice-Chairperson.  The other
> | committee members haven't informed me yet.
>
> I'm not entirely sure of what the proper nomination process is, but here
> goes: I'd like to nominate Craig Ringer for ... something.  At the very
> least "most prolific list member". ;-)
>
> Also, in addition to those potential committee members mentioned by Tony
> and Jacqueline at the start of the year for last year's AGM (q.v.
> http://www.cantech.net.au/plug/2003-02/msg00125.html), I'd like to
> suggest Garry, Harry Mc, and Adrian Woodley as other possible committee
> members.  (Also Kim Shelt, but AIUI she's not in Perth any more so that
> may be impractical...?)

Now hang on a minute. Craig is the President of Computer Angels, Harry is the
Secretary of Computer Angels, Jacqueline is the Marketing and Participant
Liaison person for Computer Angels, Garry has recently stepped down as
President of Computer Angels, and Adrian .. isn't actually on the
Computer Angels Committee but if he's standing still for too long .. :-)

I know the idea of making sure something gets done is to give it to a busy
person _but_ if Tony and Bernard want a rest from PLUG committee, how about
we see some people doing more than posting _other_ peoples names to the PLUG
list. I know you are lifting a finger or two but it's only to drop them
down a few times and hitting the send button ! ;-)

Mr Cameron P, what position would you like to hold in the next PLUG
commitee ? :-) *nudge* *nudge* *poke* *prod* *niggle*

Harry (who's doing more than he can really manage at the mo')

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/