[plug] Re: AGM query

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Wed Dec 3 23:31:00 WST 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 11:16:02PM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:

> Secretary is a busy task if you keep good records of what the committee is
> working on (I know). Chair is a role to represent the org and also to be a
> good meeting moderator and to encourage input from everyone. And theirs
> other roles; treasurer, webmaster.

My 2cents..

I don't think the webmaster is a votable position.. however..

I took on the job 12months ago.. as Colin was leaving and it seemed noone else
would do it. I moved the site scripts and db from a very old and outdated
version of postnuke to the new.. thats what I agreed with Tony to do..

I was told that there was at least 5 others that where wanting to help..
So I took on the roll of co-ordinating those who wanted to help..

I asked and asked.. no one came forward..

So I have been the only one to add things to the site since..
apart from Jacki doing the updates :) Thanks

I have asked more times about people posting to the site..and what
you all wanted regards "your" web presence.. not much response..

I really have done my best to encourage you all.. however..
lead a horse to water and all that :)

I did get some assist recently regards the theme and fonts..
thanks Cameron..

To this end I second Cameron (hopefully it is the same one as previous thread :)

And if anyone else wants to stick up their hand to take the web work..
AND will do more than I do.. then great.. please do :)

Else I am happy to continue on.. :)

Kim