[plug] Re: AGM query

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Dec 3 23:50:01 WST 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 11:16:02PM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:

| > Who will second Cameron is a sound and robust Linux geek and therefore
| > an outstanding PLUG committee candidate ?
|
| I've come back to my keyboard and no one has stepped up to pressgang
| (sorry .. second) Cameron. Ok, well I'll second you too but only if you'd
| like to join the committee really. Sorry if I poked and prodded a bit
| earlier :-}

No worries.  Again, I'd be willing to join the committee only if someone
else actually wants me there.  I'm not the chap with two heads or the XP
shirt, so you can rest safe on that count ;-) [1]

Hmm, it seems that Kim has seconded me while I've been writing this.
Well, it looks like I'm in then :-)

| I know Tony, Bernard and the rest of the committee meet to talk about PLUG
| business. Could they describe the size of the role to allow other people to
| consider contributing?

Yes, I am also interested in hearing about this.  I want to know what I
might be getting myself into here. :-/

| Secretary is a busy task if you keep good records of what the committee is
| working on (I know). Chair is a role to represent the org and also to be a
| good meeting moderator and to encourage input from everyone. And theirs
| other roles; treasurer, webmaster.

No way am I going to take on the job of chairman - and I'd be surprised
if anyone wanted me there; I'm sure we could find a much better
figurehead^W supreme grand master to rule over us.  Likewise, treasurer
implies some semblance of fiscal responsibility.  I wouldn't trust
myself in that position, so I fail to see why anyone else would ;-)

Secretary, librarian, general dogsbody, etc is more in line with what
I'd feel comfortable doing.  Maybe even Vice Pres if somehow we're
unable to find a better candidate.

I'm also willing to take on - or at least help out with - the position
of webmaster if Kim doesn't want to keep doing that on her own; I've
never used PostNuke before and I'm making no claims about being able to
keep the site in better nick than Kim has so far, but I've no objections
to at least having a shot at it :-)

Regards,

Cameron.

[1] Harry: In case you want to match a face from the workshop to the
name, there's a photo of me at http://cp.yi.org/cameron/cameron.jpg