[plug] Mac expert anyone?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Dec 4 23:51:44 WST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 11:30:40PM +0800, Steve Boak wrote:

| Just for the fun of it, I have been trying to install debian on a Mac LC-575
|
| http://www.apple-history.com/noframes/body.php?page=gallery&model=575

Good lord, that brings back (mostly unpleasant) memories.  We had LC IIs
and later LC 575s at primary school.  Not to mention a few Acorn RISC OS
machines.  I wonder what's happened to them ... probably they got
homogenised into Windows PCs. :-(

I note on the site you linked to, it mentions a power consumption of
40W.  The CPU alone in my desktop uses about twice that :-/  In fact, I
notice looking at later machines on the site, even the iBook uses more.
Blimey.

Sorry I can't be of any use with the problems you've been having getting
Debian onto it though.

Cameron.