[plug] Sunday 7 Dec: Computer Angels Car Park Sale

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Dec 8 10:04:40 WST 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:39:55 +0800 Adam Hewitt <ahewitt at globaldial.com> wrote:

> On 05/12/2003, at 8:46 PM, Harry McNally wrote:
> >
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > Well, the $10 desktop machines have a case, m/b, cpu, 32MB memory
> > (mostly), power supply, floppy drive (almostly) and floppy cable
> > and we throw in a _free_ pci video card ;-P

> Are there any of the parts left over for us tardy scavengers?
>
> Adam.

Hi Adam

There are some machines left but the reason we had a carpark sale is because
our volunteers are normally flat out during the week particularly now
because we are trying to get the end-of-training machines into participants
hands prior to Christmas.

If you see any items on the web page or you'd like a barrow load of the no-disk
PCs then please contact me off-list and we'll see if we can arrange a time
to drop in and purchase. We didn't discount on the day because the laptops
were priced at 50% of the prices we were seeing in the Quokka. One regular
PLUG list contributor made a bulk purchase of those for field work where
the machines get heavy handling until they fail and are replaced. It helped
us and it was a good value purchase for his company.

If you like what you see remember that you're helping us to do the voluntary
work that we do.

All the best
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/