[plug] [ot] Alpha ethernet

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Dec 9 13:15:37 WST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:06:26PM +0800, Garry wrote:

| > I'm about to try that now.  Anything I need to be careful about with a
| > 2.6 kernel in a woody system, besides module-init-tools?
|
| That's all the requirements I heard of.. For Sid anyway..

Yeah, that's what I thought was needed for sid.  But woody contains
older stuff so I was wondering if there were other requirements too.
It's still building the kernel at the moment, but I suppose I'll find
out soon enough whether anything else is needed.

| But then I've never built
|
| **CORRECTION**
|
| I've never successfully built a 2.6 kernel.
|
| One attempt. Early days. Average may improve.. 8^)==

:-)  I've built a bunch of 2.6 kernels in the -test2/test3 days, and
they worked, more or less - but at the time, 2.6 had real scheduling
problems, so I returned to 2.4.  Hopefully they've improved since
then...

Cameron.