[plug] [ot] Alpha ethernet

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Dec 9 17:50:44 WST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:15:37PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
| On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:06:26PM +0800, Garry wrote:
|
| | > I'm about to try that now.  Anything I need to be careful about with a
| | > 2.6 kernel in a woody system, besides module-init-tools?
| |
| | That's all the requirements I heard of.. For Sid anyway..
|
| Yeah, that's what I thought was needed for sid.  But woody contains
| older stuff so I was wondering if there were other requirements too.
| It's still building the kernel at the moment, but I suppose I'll find
| out soon enough whether anything else is needed.

It worked, sort of ...  The modules didn't build properly, but the
kernel proper boots, detects both NICs, and is happy with SCSI.  Woody
userland is a bit dodgy though (e.g. "unrecognized kernel version"
trying to ifup eth0).  So at least I know that with a bit of fiddling, I
should have a working system :-)

Cameron.