[plug] Epson scanner 1260 -- lconfused totally

anderson vautin at aijv.com.au
Tue Dec 9 15:19:16 WST 2003

Hi all,
Following my last E-mail with respect to an epson scanner 1260 (usb port) I
figured I  would have got it working.
According to the Sane site the epson 1260 is supported.
Downloaded the Sane files fron Debian Sarge (UWA mirror) with 'apt-get'
no probs here, still unable to  access the Debian binaries  from the
Sane download  site.
Tried to read all the relevant info from the Sane site, so much there
but the more
 I read the greater the confusion to the point of complete collapse.
Eg; there is supposed to be a prog called 'sane-find-scanner' to assist
in locating the scanner  but according to the  OS that prog doesn't exist

I am in need of some serious directions from somebody at this point.

Comeback

Laurie