[plug] new WN adsl plans

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Dec 9 23:06:51 WST 2003

Scott Middleton wrote:

>For those wishing the application form:
>http://www.linuxit.com.au/ADSL-Dec03.pdf
>We can also organise a bridged connection for those not wishing PPPoE.

Just note that you can't be shaped when you're on bridged, you'll have
to pay $10/Gb over your limit (we're on a bridged 1.5Mbit at work).

>The week before last i sent an E-mail to WestNet mentioning they were no
>longer competitive and that our sales had gone down drastically. Maybe
>they did actually listen!

Apparently they had been planning this for a little while.  So it
basically looks like they've eclipsed everyone now completely.

For me Swiftel's prices aren't cheaper anyway, as I'm not in the metro
zone.  It'll be interesting to see if iiNet will answer back (basically
iiNet and WestNet have been pushing each other tit for tat ever since WN
started offering ADSL, especially during this year).

/ Ben