[plug] apache readiness

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Dec 10 15:40:30 WST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 03:35:44PM +0800, Denis Brown wrote:
> The other thing is data migration.   For example when upgrading PostgreSQL
> across versions you need to pg_dump or pg_dumpall to save your data in a
> "portable" format and then restore from the dumps when the new version is
> present.   Not sure if the apt-get process handles that.   Anyone know?

Older (pre-woody) version could be a little flaky and required the
occasional bit of help, but I haven't had any troubles using automatic
migration.  If you're really worried about your data, I'm sure you've
got an offsite backup, anyway (right?  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | A nice thing about not planning is
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | that failure comes as a complete