[plug] apache readiness

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 15:52:24 WST 2003

In message <20031210074531.GA18461 at mail.guild.uwa.edu.au>
on Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 03:45:32PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> So you (we) don't need to be particularly concerned about "missing
> out" on the latest security updates.
[...]
> BTW there are the 'testing' and 'unstable' releases which often have
> decent versions

BTW there's a double-edged sword here: the testing and unstable releases
might not have the security patches (whereas the stable releases would).
On the other hand, the testing/unstable versions might be sufficiently
recent that they subsume the security patches anyway. (If you're an
systems admin, you probably don't need to be told this, but it might
make a difference if you're "just" a home user.)