[plug] strangely crashing PPro [long]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 11 11:57:06 WST 2003

In message <OFB0DE9DAD.B48114A8-ON48256DF9.00146AE9 at au1.ibm.com>
on Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:45:41AM +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> I have read that most memtest programs don't strain the memory as much as
> doing real work does.

Though I have not reason to doubt memtest86 (not reason to praise it
either, as I have not used it), it sounds as though it probably didn't
thrash Craig's swap space (only tested the RAM itself). Thus, it would
"not strain as much as real work" in the sense of swap usage, though it
might be more than adequate as far as RAM goes.